And these are the "finished" draft gauntlets. I decided to go with the finish on the right (antique gold instead of normal gold). It will allow for contrast with the few parts of the armor that are a different shade of gold.
That's the challenge, isn't it? The helmet itself I'm going to try to make with the same method I used for the gauntlets -- craft foam. I'm going to attempt to make it in two parts, since apparently the real helmet is made that way (or at least the one in the Avengers is). The horns are much more problematic. My first attempt will be carving them out of foam and then coating them in PlastiDip to reinforce them. I'll likely try it next month (about to head off for DrgonCon!).
I'm hoping to have the entire costume for DragonCon next year. Right now I'm having a bit of a crisis, as I've seen pictures of the new Loki armor from the Avengers and now I don't know which version I want to make! But it will be the full costume, horns and all, when I'm done.
Heh, thanks! I think I'm going to try to make the helmet anyway. The horns will have to be separate, so maybe I can make it where I can switch the horns out depending on which version I do! (okay, I'm getting too ambitious here)